What tech do you use?
Read on friend to learn about the hardware and software I use for play and to build my projects. None of it is terribly exciting or unexpected, but hey — maybe the curious of you will find it interesting.
- HP zBook 15(2016), with 32 GB memory, enough to keep all those 480+ chrome tabs nourished.
- Logitech MK850 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo a multi-device keyboard that is surprisingly comfortable to use.
- Mi Band 4 quite accurate fitness tracker for the price. tracks my steps all too nicely.
- Skullcandy Ink’d Plus Active a wireless earbuds with decent sound and great battery life that has constantly given me 20+ hours on a single charge.
- Skullcandy Set Sport great wired earphones to attend all those video calls.
- Toshiba External HDDs to keep the backups and backups of backups.
- Operating systems: Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10
- Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, and occasionally AfterEffects.
- Microsoft Terminal to handle all command-line shit across Ubuntu(bash), cmd and powershell in one place. Bonus points to it since I contributed. 😜
Visual Studio Code with these extensions:
- GitKraken for Git heavy lifting and my life so much simpler.
- Adobe XD and Lunacy to handle prototypng and designing
- Laragon a local webserver with a huge out-of-the-box developer toolkit.
- Microsoft Mathematics for calculating stuff and doing stats.
- Draw.io flowchats to express my process and brainstorming to the client.
- Zettlr great editor to write stuff in markdown. I’m typing this article on it too.
- Prepos great tool to complie and process css anh js files visually.
- Hemingway Editor a tool to make my sentences less complicated.
- Ora an awesome project management tool.
- Spotify for music.
- Meetings are usually held on Zoom or Google Meet.
- I do API design and testing on Postman and Stoplight Studio
This site is built using handful of really cool pieces of tech.
- Continuous integration and deployment via GitHub Actions.
- Hosting, database, functions and CDN via Firebase.
- Domain name registered with Google Domains.
- Built using static site framework Gatsby.
And because I’m such a cool dude I’ve open sourced the specifics of how the site is built. I’ve made its source available on GitHub for anyone to use and abuse — you’re welcome!
Page may contain affiliate and/or referral links. For more information read my disclosure policy.